Skip to main content

Diamonds and Make Up are For Ever

Click image to enlarge for detail.

How could I resist?
This wasn't you typical product or collection launch, this was 200 brand new eyeshadows with 30 custom creations from the makeup artist team members. How cool is that?!!


I'm beauty besties with the head makeup artist for +Westfield Valley Fair, Tobey, and she was kind enough to let me know that they would be celebrating their 30 year anniversary with a party! Champagne, snacks and 2 GWPs! That's right, two! The first was Buy 3 Artist Shadows receive the Limited Edition 4 pan compact for free. Done. Second, score an AWESOME canvas tote bag with any purchase. Done and done! 



You know me, I love glitter so I went for the Diamond finish. It's as shimmery as it gets. D-222, D914 and D-888 make my shimmer dreams come true. Purchased to replace the shimmer shade in my +Christian Dior #408 palette. Let me preface by saying I am used to Stila Cosmetics and +Urban Decay Cosmetics texture and payoff. These are nothing like the aforementioned Brands. I found the formula to be hard and dry; they were not easy to load on to my brush and difficult to achieve deep, rich colour payoff. However used as a sheer shimmer topper, they are great.

Click image to enlarge for detail.


The denim blue.. now this shade and me, we're not the best of friends. After I saw it swatched I thought I would have intense payoff but it's more of a dusting shadow. I start with +Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper. The blue is very dry, not easy to pack on to my brush so my application is inconsistent, I start with a lot of blotting product on to my eyelid. I learned quickly that this is similar to MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone shadows: A sponge applicator for more colour, a brush for ore shimmer. In the end, it's never as shimmery as it is in the pan. The primer must be the culprit. I'm going to have to save this to use exclusively as a topper, it's too frustrating to force it to work for me as a shadow.

The Diamond finish has an incredible shimmer payoff. I can't wait to fill my pan with a 4th shade. I simply wish they went on with more ease and pan to lid payoff. Have you been able to try this collection? Have you made any purchases? Which ones? xoxo •Nancy-Lee






Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients